This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through such links may result in Course Crave earning commissions, at no extra cost to you.
What is Financial Freedom Academy?
The Financial Freedom Academy, by Early Exit Academy, is an online training program created by Dr. Brenda that teaches how to reach financial freedom in your 30s, 40s, and 50s, by focusing on mindset and behaviors. You will learn how to use your assets and your lifestyle to gain financial independence.
How will this course help me?
The goal of this course is to teach you how to kiss your job goodbye. It will help you work on your mindset, habits, and financial freedom behaviors. It will teach you how to reset these behaviors so that you can grow the gap between your expenses and income, enabling you to invest the difference. You will discover the path to building a financially secure life, based on your values.
What is included in the course training?
Upon purchase you will receive:
- Five training units (videos, resources, activities)
- Downloadable templates and tools
- Monthly “Explorer” webinars (Q&A sessions, case studies)
- Private Facebook community
What will I learn?
Through taking this course you will learn how to:
- Identify your true purpose in building a financially secure life
- Tap into the power of an abundance mindset
- Track your spending patterns by “wants” and “needs”
- Calculate your net worth
- Create a new habit loop based on a different routine
- Avoid lifestyle creep
- Estimate your money needs
- Set and create smarter goals
- Create a budget and select tools that work for you
- Build up your short-term savings
- Pay off your debt as fast as you can
- Negotiate with creditors
- Be innovative in paying off a variety of loans
- Pay off your mortgage in record time
- Determine the level of frugality that is right for you
- Lower and eliminate expenses
- Take steps to increase your salary
- Explore and launch side hustles
- Develop an investment strategy that best suits your needs
- Protect your assets
- Explore stepping your foot into the new world
- Smartly withdraw assets
Who is the course creator?
Dr. Brenda is an educator, blogger, and motivator. She also holds a Bachelors, Masters and PhD in sociology. After almost 20 years of a successful career in the social justice system she lost her job. At that point she found herself burned out, exhausted and ready to say goodbye to the toxic work environment she had been working in. Thankfully, through the years she had been saving and investing a significant portion of her salary and was able to turn her employment misfortune into the freedom to focus on helping other people also reach financial independence. Out of this passion, Early Exit Academy was born. Learn more about Dr. Brenda and hear her financial freedom tips in a Q&A with her here.
Why did Dr. Brenda create this course?
Dr. Brenda had four missions in the creation of this course:
- Mission 1: To give hope to the hopeless
- Mission 2: To turn the impossible into the possible
- Mission 3: To transform the boring into fun
- Mission 4: To offer encouragement, not admonishment
- Mission 5: To challenge herself
Why choose the Financial Freedom Academy?
Although Dr. Brenda does not hold a degree in instructional design, she recognizes the importance of a well-developed course. She has spent time gaining training on how to create online courses. She has invested a great deal of time and resources into creating a course that is extraordinary, as she has been determined to avoid producing a mediocre and boring course.
Through her training, Dr. Brenda has been able to create a course that is interactive in a number of ways. This course goes beyond slides, talking videos, and downloads. In this course, you will find matching games, dials, priority lists, incorporated videos, and much more. This course is set out to be challenging, engaging and fun. In this individualized approach, you will be provided with tools, motivation, and support.
This course is:
- Personalized: it will give you the tools to personalize your plan according to your dreams and circumstances
- Holistic: The course focuses on the whole you, not just money
- Supportive: There is support, encouragement, and motivation throughout
Who is this course for?
This course was designed for those who:
- Believe in a lifestyle of working being a choice rather than a requirement
- Is looking for a simpler life based on priorities and values
- Is willing to look at limiting behaviors and ready to make positive change
- Loves to learn new things and is willing to follow a road less travelled
- Seeks financial freedom and works hard to make dreams come true
What is the level of this course: beginner, intermediate or advanced?
This course is best for those who are new to conquering debt and building their dream life.
How long does it take to complete the course?
This course contains five units. It is suggested that the student plan to spend at least one week on each unit. However, the course is self-paced and can be adjusted to the student’s needs and schedule.
What is the format?
This course was developed using Articulate software. It is delivered in the form of instructional videos, reflection activities, interactive exercises, and downloads.
What is the course content?
Unit 1: Start Your Journey
- Action Plan 1
- Mind Power Worksheet
- $1000 and $500 Calendars
- Wants Versus Needs Tracker
- Net Worth Spreadsheet
Unit 2: Create a Winning Lifestyle
- Action Plan 2
- Habit Loop Builder & Habit Change Calendar
- Money Tips Infographic
- Lifestyle Planner & Rewards Calendar
- Budget Worksheet
- Budget Toolkit
Unit 3: Climb Out of Debt
- Action Plan 3
- Pay Off My Debt Tool
- Debt Thermometer Visual
- Credit Dispute Checklist
- Leave Value Calculator
Unit 4: Grow the Gap
- Action Plan 4
- Get a Raise Checklist
- Side Hustle Navigator
- Big 3 Expense Slasher
- Healthcare.gov Cost Estimator
Unit 5: Jump Start Your Dreams
- Action Plan 5
- Investment Planner
- Estate Planning Checklist
- Life Beyond Work Dream Kit
- Resilience Workbook
What is the cost?
Regular cost: $797.00
When is enrollment open?
Enrollment for this course remains open.
How can the course be accessed after purchase?
After purchase of the Financial Freedom Academy you will receive the login information by email.
Are there any bonuses included?
In addition to the five units, you will receive a bonus section called ‘Keep the Dream Alive’. This section helps to bring joy to your journey and focus on creating social connections, as well as to prepare for the unexpected. In this section you will receive a Day by Day Dream Journal and a graduation gift.
Depending on when you register, you may also receive: The 30-Day Million Dollar Challenge eBook, Freedom in Your Fifties series, Top 10 Blogs to follow, and an Early Exit Academy hat.
Is there after-sale support available?
Yes. Not only does Dr. Brenda provide a private Facebook group, but she also hosts monthly webinars for students. These webinars consist of Q&A periods, case studies, and special topics. Students are encouraged to submit their questions and ideas, allowing for expert support and feedback.
What if I am not happy with my purchase?
Dr. Brenda offers a 21 day money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the course you may email to receive your full tuition fees back.
When was the course created?
Course creation was completed in spring 2019.
Does the course purchase include future updates?
Yes. The purchase of this course includes updates of new content when available.
How long will I have access to this course?
While working through the course you will unlock each unit of the training. Once every unit has been unlocked you will have lifetime access to all parts of the course.
What else should I know about the Financial Freedom Academy?
Dr. Brenda is not a financial advisor so she is not able to give specific advice. However, in the course she speaks on the topics of low-fee index funds, the types of accounts that are ideal for short, medium and long-term goals, and offers a planner for planning your investment timeline.
Is there a Facebook group?
Upon purchase of this course you will be added to the private Early Exit Academy Facebook group where you will be able to gain further insight from others on a similar journey to financial freedom. There are also sharing activities in the course that can be used to share with others in the group.
Is there a freebie available?
Join the free webinar called Five Steps to Financial Freedom.
Also available by Early Exit Academy:
Every effort to provide accurate and current information about this product has been made. However, Course Crave assumes no liability or responsibility for omissions or errors that may appear. Purchase of this product occurs on the course creator’s independent page. Refunds are not available through Course Crave. Please refer to individual course creator for related refund policies. Purchase is strictly at your own risk.