This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through such links may result in Course Crave earning commissions, at no extra cost to you.
What is the Video Basics Course?
In the Video Basics course, created by Jeremy and Elsie Larson at A Beautiful Mess, you will learn everything you need to know about how to create a video so that you can start making beautiful, high-quality videos with DSLR cameras and smartphones. Jeremy has been making videos for A Beautiful Mess and also for his personal family videos for years. Being self-taught he understands the challenges facing new videographers.
What will I learn and how will this course help me?
With 9 (plus two bonus) lessons, Jeremy and Elsie will guide you through everything you need to know about how to create a video including how to set up the camera properly, record great videos in natural light, record quality audio, and edit them into something great. These skills will enable you to create engaging and attractive marketing videos for your small business, add video content to your blog, or simply create beautiful family videos to document your life. The course also teaches the basics of creating and editing videos on your smartphone, but the majority focuses on digital SLR videos and editing with Premiere Pro.
What is the course content?
- Lesson 1: Introduction/Gear
- Lesson 2: Camera Settings
- Lesson 3: Composition
- Lesson 4: Lighting
- Lesson 5: iPhone Video Editing
- Lesson 6: Audio
- Premiere 1: Starting A New Project
- Premiere 2: Color Correction and Color Grading
- Premiere 3: Editing, Audio, Titles, and Exporting
- Bonus 1: Black and White Grading
- Bonus 2: Cineplus Cinema Plugin
What is included in the course?
- 9 video lessons plus 2 bonus lessons
- PDF supplement for the course
- Access to a private Q&A board to ask the instructors questions and read the archives of other students’ questions
What will I need in order to complete this training?
It is recommended that students have a DSLR camera that can record video or that they plan to buy a camera soon. One of the first lessons taught will guide you through some information on basic equipment so that you can purchase equipment confidently, in the case that you don’t have everything you need or want before starting the course.
This course is taught via video, which means it is required that you are able to access video and audio to complete the lessons. This course also comes with a PDF that you can download and save or print to follow along with the lessons.
In summary, you will need:
- a computer to read and watch the course
- a DSLR camera that can shoot video
- a SD card
- a tripod
- Premiere Pro to edit footage (the course will teach you how to use the software)
Is there a freebie available from A Beautiful Mess?
A Beautiful Mess offers a free course called Print + Organize Your Life – Receive tools, tips and inspiration to get organized.
Other courses available by A Beautiful Mess:
- Print + Organize Your Life – Free Course
- Launch a Podcast
- Elevate Your Instagram
- Blog Life
- Blog Life Pro
- Blog Life + Blog Life Pro Bundle
- DSLR Basics
- DSLR Basics and Photoshop for Bloggers Bundle
- Photoshop for Bloggers
- Start Small Dream Big
- How to Write + Pitch a Book Proposal
Every effort to provide accurate and current information about this product has been made. However, Course Crave assumes no liability or responsibility for omissions or errors that may appear. Purchase of this product occurs on the course creator’s independent page. Please refer to individual course creators for related refund policies. Refunds are not available through Course Crave. Purchase is strictly at your own risk.