This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through such links may result in Course Crave earning commissions, at no extra cost to you.
What is the Hiring with Confidence course?
Hiring with Confidence: A Step-By-Step Guide to Attracting, Interviewing, and Hiring Loyal Employees is an online, self-guided course designed to help you learn how to attract, interview, and hire high quality, loyal employees.
How will this course help me?
This course will help you navigate the entire hiring process. Because it serves to walk you through the entire process, you will save time and money by learning how to hire the right type of help, at the right time. You will learn the exact steps needed from attracting quality candidates, to how to select the best hire.
Jamie, the course creator, states “I help business owners like you become effective day-to-day people managers so that you can hire and retain the best employees who will help you exceed your business goals.” Overall, this course aims to help you increase your revenue, while at the same time decrease your hiring costs.
What is included in the course?
- Twenty eight tutorial videos
- Nine worksheets
What will I learn?
The Hiring with Confidence course will teach you:
- How to determine when is the right time for you to hire
- Whether or not you should be hiring employees or independent contractors
- How to attract high-quality candidates before you start the hiring process
- How to get the right candidates to apply
- How to create and post your job opening
- How to review resumes and choose candidates for the interview
- How to prepare for the interview process
- How to complete the interview process from beginning to end, including how to ensure you are asking the right questions during the interview to identify a candidate’s fit
- How to properly do background checks and check references
- How to make a job offer and handle negotiations
Who is the course creator?
Jamie Van Cuyk, the creator of the Hiring with Confidence course, is a small business consultant who specializes in employee management. She has past experience in the corporate world in leadership positions.
In her past employment, she had exceeded at:
- Managing over 40 employees
- Only having four employees resign (in a six year period)
- Improving employee skills in response to company change
- Retaining employees by helping them gain skills needed to transition to new roles
- Leading multiple teams at once
- Organizing recruitment efforts across different departments
- Starting a brand new management role
- Taking over a team where everyone was quitting, and transforming it to one that people were asking to join
- Helping employees who were close to exiting the company to becoming ones that were top performing in the company
After transitioning from her corporate position to owning her own business in small business consulting she realized there was a gap in the available materials for small business owners, in terms of leadership and managing people. Jamie excels at time-management and building self-sufficient teams. She now uses these strengths and her past expertise to teach other small business owners to do the same.
Her motto is: “Does the job need to be done by you or does it need to be done right? You can always train someone to do it right.” She believes that “to have a successful business, you must know how to bring the right people into your organization and how to properly manage them on a day-to-day basis.”
Why choose Hiring with Confidence?
If you are like most small business owners, you have not had the opportunity to gain experience in managing and hiring employees. That’s where The Hiring with Confidence course comes in. Through this training, you will be able to benefit from the many years of experience that Jamie has acquired. Jamie has taken all the information she has accumulated over the years and currently teaches her one-to-one clients, and put it into a step-by-step guide so that you will be confident and efficient with your hiring process.
Who is this course for?
This course is for you if you are a small business owner who:
- Is ready to hire an employee but hasn’t had to do it yourself yet
- You have hired in the past but the employees you hired tend to underperformed, quickly leave, or proved to be untrustworthy and unreliable
- You are struggling to attract good candidates to apply, even though the position has lots to offer
Who is the course not for?
This course is not for you if only plan on hiring independent contractors to help with your business. This course specifically addresses the process of hiring employees.
What is the level of this course: beginner, intermediate or advanced?
The course is a beginner level course and is designed for those who are new to hiring employees on their own.
What is the format?
The Hiring with Confidence course is delivered through:
What is the course content?
Module 1: Welcome!
- Welcome to the Course
Module 2: Are You Ready to Hire?
- Video: Is It the Right Time to Hire?
- Checklist: Is It Time to Hire an Employee?
- Video: Understanding Independent Contractors and Employees
- Guide: Employee or Independent Contractor
Module 3: Attracting the Best Candidates
- Section Overview Video: What is an Employer Brand?
- Video: How to Attract Candidates Before You Need to Hire
- Video: How to Get the Right Candidates to Apply
- Video: Crafting the Perfect Job Posting
- Worksheet: Crafting the Perfect Job Posting
- Video: Where to Post Your Job Openings
- Link: Employer Brand Hiring Audit
Module 4: Resumes – Selecting the Right Candidates for Interviews
- Video: Mistakes to Avoid When Reviewing Resumes
- Video: How to Review Resumes – The Prep
- Worksheet: Resume Review Prep
- Video: Selecting Candidates for the Interview
- Template: Candidate Tracking
Module 5: Conducting Effective Interviews – Before, During and After
- Video: Interview Prep – Decisions to Make
- Worksheet: Interview Decisions
- Video: Recruiting Timeline – What, Why and How
- Worksheet: Creating a Recruiting Timeline
- Video: Contacting Candidates for Interviews
- Video: The Four Parts of an Interview
- Video: Selecting Questions for the Interview
- Worksheet: Selecting Interview Questions
- Video: Rules for the Interview – Stay Legal
- Video: Tips for When You Want to Cut an Interview Short
- Video: Tips for Taking Notes During an Interview
- Video: The Interview Debrief
- Template: Candidate Tracking
- Video: Should You Hire for Passion or Skill?
- Video: Selecting the Right Candidate for Your New Hire
Module 6: Background Checks and References
- Video: Background Checks
- Video: References
Module 7: Offers and Negotiations
- Video: When to Make an Offer
- Video: Making an Offer
- Video: Negotiations
- Worksheet: Preparing for Negotiations
- Video: What to Do When a Candidate Says No
- Video: Informing Candidates Who Did Not Get the Job
Module 8: Wrap-up
- Video: Next Steps
- Link: Next Steps
- Link: Employer Brand Hiring Audit
Are there any bonuses included?
Upon purchasing this course, you receive a free Employer Brand Hiring Audit ($197 value). During this Audit, Jamie will look at your company from a candidate’s perspective. She will then provide you video feedback on your business’s persona from an outside perspective so that you’ll have clarity on the impression you are making on candidates, and she will provide action steps for how to fix these areas so you can attract the talent you need.
How long will it take to complete the course?
This course is self-paced and can be completed in the desired time frame. The total video watching time is 4 hours and 45 minutes.
What is the cost?
The total cost for the course is $497.
When is enrollment open?
Enrollment remains open for this course.
What else do I need in order to complete this training?
You need a business that will be hiring employees. Nothing else is needed to complete the training.
How is the course accessed?
This course is accessed through the Teachable website.
Is there after-sale support available?
Free support is available for content clarification.
One-on-one time with Jamie for execution support is available for a fee.
What if I am not happy with my purchase?
This course is eligible for a thirty day refund, if you are not happy with the purchase. In order to receive a refund, please contact Jamie within the first thirty days of the purchase, letting her know why you are requesting a refund and providing proof of course work.
When was the course created?
The course was created early 2019.
Does the course purchase include future updates?
Yes, future updates are included.
How long will I have access to this course?
Purchase of Hiring with Confidence includes lifetime access to this course even if the course hosting is changed to a different platform.
What else should I know about the course?
If you would like to know more about the Hiring with Confidence course, Jamie welcomes you to schedule a free discovery call with her.
Every effort to provide accurate and current information about this product has been made. However, Course Crave assumes no liability or responsibility for omissions or errors that may appear. Purchase of this product occurs on the course creator’s independent page. Refunds are not available through Course Crave. Please refer to individual course creators for related refund policies. Purchase is strictly at your own risk.